Tuesday, January 28, 2014

8 October 1973

MQ 44
Government Settlement
Republic Of Nauru
Central Pacific
8 October 1973

Dear Mum & Dad,

Well here I am back in the sunshine & warm weather again. The trip up was without incident except that it was pouring rain in Brisbane, warm at Noumea & hot in Honiara. By the way, I could see you standing out on the deck at Tulla watching the plane take off. 

It was great to get home to Andy & Darren & to see Darren’s face light up when he saw me. He is really impressed with the blackboard I brought back. Some of our friends had arranged a would you believe “welcome home” barbeque so that we virtually went from the airport to the barbeque. I was really popular when I pulled out a 2lb box of James chocolates which I had bought in Brisbane.

Things seem to have been pretty quiet since I have been away, no scandals or excitement. Andy looks very fit & is. Treasury continues to have their little crises & the Secretary for Finance has prepared an eight page report on the poor performance of the Chief Accountant with the Chief Accountant preparing an eight page reply. The Secretary for Finance has officially resigned but is now trying to withdraw his resignation, but the Chief Secretary is playing hard to get.

Our new house is nearly ready to move into. The rain didn’t do any damage. Andy has had the Works Department estapol all the cupboard shelves.

The box that I was looking for at Tullamarine didn’t arrive so I have my fingers crossed for Tuesday’s flight.

That’s about it to date. I have missed the mail so this will have to go out on Friday. Anyway, now it’s your turn.

Love from all of us up here,


Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment