Thursday, May 8, 2014

18 April 1974

Kolo Ridge
Honiara
B.S.I.P.
18 April 1974

Dear Mum & Dad,

Well I hope that this time Dad is feeling much better & heading for home soon. Andy & the children arrived home safe & well last Saturday & I was very pleased to see them. I am glad they were able to make it to Warrnambool, even only for a short visit. No doubt she was able to fill you in a bit on our movements & new life here. We have had our house full of workmen for the past fortnight putting in the solar hot water system, pelmets over the windows & now a new laundry. The other morning as I left for work we had 2 plumbers, 3 builders, our house girl & garden boy all wandering about. I had the feeling we were the town’s biggest employer. At the moment we can’t even have a shower (hot or cold) because the shower has been pulled out. However by the weekend we should be all go again with HOT water. I managed to get the Triumph registered today & brought it home tonight so we are now a 2 car family & Andy can suit her self a bit.

There was a large crowd of people down from Nauru over the Easter weekend on the pretext of playing sport (that’s what they told their wives). They all seemed to be enjoying themselves & it was good to see some familiar faces.

While I think of it, we had a rather severe earth tremor while Andy was away. It really shook the house & I just stood there debating whether or not to run outside. Anyway everything survived ok. We have a lot more “weather” here, overcast days, quite a bit of rain & some wind.

My job is still an uphill battle at the moment & not likely to even out for quite a long time. There is no doubt that I am learning something new each day with all the international wheeling & dealing.

I really can’t think of anything else to tell you, there are a lot of things to write about really, just general things but I will save that up for later. Again, I hope you are improving Dad & not forgetting Mum, I hope you are are ok too!

Love from all of us, Greg























No comments:

Post a Comment